Thursday, January 24, 2008

5a-- Remembering His coming again

Video Clip:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBcndFWZvUA


Setting: At the end of their adventure, Aslan crowns the four children as kings and queens of Narnia. Aslan, for those of you who are unfamiliar with the story, is a representation of Jesus as the Lion of Judah--Strong, fearsome, gentle, kind, a savior.

When Jesus gave us the memorial meal which we call "The Lord's Supper", he used these words, in Matt 26:27-29
27 Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom." NIV

When we share in communion, we often think back asking for forgiveness, but Jesus also invites us to think forward to that day when he comes again to bring us victoriously into his Kingdom and invites us to reign with him. 2 Tim 2:12says, 12 if we endure, we will also reign with him. NIV

This morning we invite you to look forward to that time when you too shall reign with Jesus. It may not feel like it right now, but the Lord's Supper reminds that we are victorious.

1 comment:

Communion Meditations said...

Thank you for this site. I find it to be very inspirational. I've been trying to link my Christianity to my meditation more and more, as I find myself being filled with more love and compassion in doing so.